Suited for stand-alone applications, the MS-9050UD is ideal for smaller facilities such as apartment complexes, banks, cinemas, child care and elementary schools, department stores, food stores, places of worship, restaurants, small retail outlet stores, and other facilities requiring performance-based, sophisticated technology at reasonable cost.
The Fire-Lite MS-9050UD(E) is a Fire Alarm Control Panel (FACP) and Digital Alarm Communicator/Transmitter (DACT) combined into one circuit board. This compact, intelligent addressable control panel supports up to 50 addressable devices of any type of detectors and modules. With an extensive list of powerful features, the MS-9050UD programs just like Fire-Lite’s larger products, yet fits into applications previously served only by conventional panels.
The MS-9050UD’s integral DACT transmits system status (alarms, troubles, AC loss, etc.) to a Central Station via the public switched telephone network. It also allows remote and local programming of the control panel using the PK-CD Upload/Download utility. In addition, the control panel may be programmed or interrogated off-site via the public switched telephone network. Any personal computer with Windows™ 95 or greater, and compatible modem with a speed of 14.4 kbps or faster and Fire-Lite Upload/Download software kit PK-CD, may serve as a Service Terminal. This allows download of the entire program or upload of the entire program, history file, walk-test data, current status and system voltages.
The power supply and all electronics are contained on a single circuit board supported on a new quick install chassis and housed in a metal cabinet. Available accessories include local and remote upload/download software, remote annunciators, and reverse polarity/city box transmitter. (4XTMF)
New options include a UL listed printer, PRN-6F and the new IPDACT Internet Monitoring module. The FireWatch Series internet monitoring modules IPDACT-2 and IPDACT-2UD permit monitoring of alarm signals over the Internet, saving the monthly cost of two telephone lines. Although not required, the secondary telephone line may be retained providing backup communication over the public switched telephone line.
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the term MS-9050UD is used in this data sheet to refer to both the MS-9050UD and the MS-9050UDE FACPs. For MS-9050UDC, refer to DF-60445.
- Listed to UL Standard 864, 9th edition.
- Auto-program (learn mode) reduces installation time.
- Reports two devices set to the same address.
- On-board DACT.
- Two independently programmable Style Z (Class A) or Style Y (Class B) NAC circuits.
- Selectable strobe synchronization for System Sensor, Wheelock, and Gentex devices.
- Remote Acknowledge, Silence, Reset and Drill via addressable monitor modules.
- Two programmable relays and one fixed trouble relay.
- Built-in Programmer.
- Telephone Line Active LEDs.
- EIA-232 PC interface.
- Integral 80-character LCD display with backlighting.
- Real-time clock/calendar with automatic daylight savings control.
- History file with 500 event capacity.
- Automatic detector sensitivity testing (NFPA 72 compliant).
- Automatic device type-code verification.
- Point trouble identification.
- Waterflow selection per module point.
- Alarm verification selection per detector point.
- Maintenance alert warns when smoke detector dust accumulation is excessive.
- One-person audible or silent walk test with walk-test log and printout.
- System alarm verification selection per detector point.
- PAS (Positive Alarm Sequence) and Pre-signal per point (NFPA 72 compliant).
- Up to eight ANN-BUS annunciators
- Remote Acknowledge, Alarm Silence, Reset and Drill via addressable modules or remote annunciator.
- Upload/Download (local or remote) of program and data via integral DACT.
SLC COMMUNICATION LOOP
- Single addressable SLC loop which meets NFPA Style 4, 6 and 7 requirements.
- 50 addressable device capacity (any combination of addressable detectors and modules).
- Compatible with Fire-Lite’s addressable devices (refer to SLC Wiring Manual).
NOTIFICATION APPLIANCE CIRCUITS (NACS)
- Two independently programmable output circuits. Circuits can be configured for the following outputs: Style Y (Class B); Style Z (Class A); Door Holder Service (cannot be used for notification appliances); Aux Power Source (cannot be used for notification appliances)
- Silence Inhibit and Autosilence timer options.
- Continuous, March Time, Temporal or California code for main circuit board NACs with two-stage capability.
- Selectable strobe synchronization per NAC.
- 2.5 A total power for NACs.
NOTE: Maximum or total 24VDC system power shared between all NAC circuits and the ANN-BUS is 2.7 A.
PROGRAMMING AND SOFTWARE
- Autoprogram (learn mode) reduces installation time.
- Custom English labels (per point) may be manually entered or selected from an internal library file.
- Two programmable Form-C relay outputs.
- 20 software zones.
- Continuous fire protection during online programming at the front panel.
- Program Check automatically catches common errors not linked to any zone or input point.
- OFFLINE PROGRAMMING: Create the entire program in your office using a Windows®-based software package (order programming kit PK-CD, containing PK-Plus, separately). Upload/download system programming locally.
- AC Power (green)
- Fire Alarm (red)
- Supervisory (yellow)
- Trouble (yellow)
- Alarm Silenced signals (yellow)
- 16 key alpha-numeric pad
- Alarm Silenced
- Drill (Manual Evacuate)
- Reset (lamp test)