CO2 is fast, efficient, cost-effective and adaptable for a wide range of hazards. The discharge of CO2, a low cost clean agent, is non-damaging to property and electrically non-conductive.
Multi-hazard, high risk protection can be designed to provide automatic, simultaneous discharge for a variety of hazards and configurations using high or low pressure systems.
Low pressure systems and equipment are best suited for applications where large quantities of CO2 are needed.
A high pressure system is recommended for smaller hazards or where space is limited.
We work with each client to select the system best suited to an application based on performance, costs, logistics, maintenance and personnel safety.
Benefits of a CO2 System:
- Fast. Carbon dioxide is a three-dimensional clean agent. Within seconds, it penetrates the entire hazard areas to smother the combustion.
- Efficient. CO2 is colorless and odorless. It exists as a gas in the earth’s atmosphere and is one of the by-products of combustion. It’s use has no environmental impact.
- Non-damaging. CO2 is normally harmless to equipment, materials and property. It does not cause spoilage, requires no clean up and leaves no residue, thus minimizing downtime after a fire.
- Non-conductive. CO2 is electrically non-conductive and three dimensional, allowing use for a wide variety of special applications.
- Adaptive. CO2 is effective on a wide range of flammable and combustible materials in both surface and deep-seated fires.
- Recognized by the top independent listing and approval agencies.
- Power Generation
- Cement Plant/Blast Furnace Indirect Coal Firing Systems
- Metal Production and Processing
- Electronics Operations
- Electronics/Computer Production
- Research Facilities
- Shipboard (Marine) Systems
- Automated Storage and Retrieval Facilities